The DVLA has released another update on its processing times for paper driving licenses and logbooks which have been delayed due to a high volume of applications. As wait times can take some time, you may still be able to drive while your application is being processed.
If you applied for your new license online, your application will already be in the application process as there are no delays with online transactions. In fact, the DVLA encourages the use of online services to minimize delays with applications.
But, if you are using a paper application, waits may be longer as the impact of Covid safety measures and industrial action has resulted in continued delays. Delays may also be greater for complex requests such as those requiring a medical investigation as part of the license.
Read more: Mystery of ‘airport vacationer’ who left car in driveway for five days solved
Updated processing dates for paper applications
The information below refers to the dates the DVLA claims to be currently working on for different types of paper applications:
- Renew a driver’s license with a new photo – March 17, 2022
- Apply for a first provisional driving license with UK identity – 17 March 2022
- Renewing a driver’s license if you are 70 or older or after disqualification or revocation – April 8, 2022
- Apply for a first professional driving license – April 13, 2022
- Renew a professional driving license – April 13, 2022
- Apply for a driving license with a non-UK identity – 17 March 2022
- Request or renew a tachograph card – 13 April 2022
- Request to change name or address on your driver’s license – March 22, 2022
- Notify DVLA of vehicle sale – April 11, 2022
- Changes to Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C) – 8 April 2022 (You must contact the DVLA within 6 weeks if you do not receive your vehicle document)
- Apply for a replacement V5C logbook – 1 April 2022 (You must contact the DVLA within 6 weeks if you do not receive your vehicle document)
- Registering a vehicle for the first time (including used and imported vehicles – April 1, 2022
- Keeping or assigning a vehicle registration number – April 8, 2022
Click here for the latest headlines from Manchester Evening News